Northville Parent Camp is a morning filled with resources, speakers, and workshops, presented to empower parents with practical knowledge, resources and tools to help equip them to support and guide their children.
Please join us for the entire morning! If you are unable, please join us for the parts you are able. Refreshments provided.
And special thanks to Northville Parent Camp's generous presenting sponsor, Michigan Educational Credit Union, and supporting sponsors, DTE - MIGreenPower and Community Financial Credit Union.
8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. - Check in & Resource Fair
9:00 a.m. - 9:15 a.m. Welcome & Introduction
9:15 a.m. - 10:15 a.m. Keynote Speaker: Katey McPherson
Join Katey in this powerful Keynote Address for K-12 parents and educators, "Real World Ready: How to Reach, Teach, and Support iGen Students." Click here to learn more about Katey or visit Katey's Facebook page.
10:25 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. Session #1
11:25 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. Session #2
12:30 p.m. - 1:45 p.m. Screenagers: The Next Chapter
High stress, anxiety and depression are experienced by millions of young people. We follow physician and filmmaker, Delaney Ruston, as she discovers solutions for improved adolescent well-being in the digital age. To view the movie trailer, click here.
1:45 p.m. - 2:15 p.m. Questions & Answers with Katey
A sample of the sessions are below. A full list will be available the beginning of February:
- Jedi Mind(fulness) Tips to Help Your Child Calm Down
- Suicide Prevention: What Parents Should Know
- Managing Anxiety with Mindfulness
- The Parenting Paradigm: Insight into our Overparenting World
- Cyber Safety & Vaping
- Transitioning from Middle School to High School
- 8 Ways to Raise a Financially Responsible Child
- How to Help Your Child Revise and Edit Their Writing
- Social Emotional Learning: How it applies to home and school
- Reading Instruction: Practical Ideas for Parents of Kindergarten & First Grade Students
2020 Northville Parent Camp
is made possible by generous
individual NEF donors like you and our sponsors, which includes:
Northville Educational Foundation ® // 405 W Main Street // Northville, MI 48167 // 248.344.8458 // email us
Although registration is not required, for planning purposes, it is appreciated!
Saturday, February 29, 2020
Northville High School